When it comes to eating better, I am always in search of spicy or Mexican dishes! These are by far my favorite meals to eat, and when I come across something that is not only healthy, but super easy, it’s a total win!
First things first, I chopped up 1 red bell pepper, 1 onion, 1 poblano pepper, and 2 jalapenos.
I then sliced 3 small boneless skinless chicken breasts. I decided to go light on the meat and heavier on the vegetables, but you could easily add more chicken! I only used 1/2 pound of chicken, but the recipe below calls for a full pound.
Once everything was chopped, I combined it all in a large bowl.
For my fajita seasoning, I used 1/2 teaspoon of all of these seasonings (except for the cayenne pepper i used 1/4 teaspoon), and mixed them with 1/4 cup olive oil.
The seasoning smelled so good!
I poured the seasoning over the meat and veggies, then mixed well. I then transfered it all into a 11×7 casserole dish (if using more meat, I’d suggest using a 9×13 casserole dish).
Bake in the oven at 400 for 25 minutes. And voila! Chicken fajitas ready without the preservatives and additives of a packaged fajita seasoning, and without the added work of having to saute everything!
I will be enjoying these fajitas in romaine lettuce leaves instead of tortillas to make it even more healthy!
Skinny Baked Fajitas
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed
- 1 onion
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash (Salt Free) Fiesta Lime Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne red pepper
- Slice peppers and onion all into long skinny pieces. Combine in bowl.
- Slice chicken into long bite-size pieces, making sure to trim any excess fat. Combine with vegetables in bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix olive oil and seasonings.
- Pour fajita marinade over vegetables and chicken, mix together well.
- Transfer to greased 9×13 casserole dish.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
- Enjoy on tortillas or lettuce leaves.
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- salsa or hot sauce