Looking for a simple salsa recipe? Then you have found it! This salsa comes together in under 5 minutes, and is amazing! Whether you have surprise guests and want to wow them, or you are looking for a great side for your tacos, this salsa is the way to go!
The best part about it? You can make it your own! Love garlic? Add extra! Not a big fan of spicy salsa? Then just leave out the spicy peppers! So many different things can be done off this base recipe, and it even makes enough that you can freeze some for later!
I try to use organic tomatoes AND sauce, but they were out of the organic sauce at the store, so I improvised with the Hunt’s. I encourage you to use organic to make this dish even better-for-you!
Chop 1/2 onion into large pieces. Don’t worry about dicing it, because your food processor will chop it nicely for you. The recipe in this blog says to only use 1 jalapeno pepper, but I added in 2 serranos as well. If I had a habenero in the house, I would have added that as well. The spicier the better, if you ask me!
Roughly chop up some cilantro. Again, doesn’t have to be coarsely chopped thanks to the food processor.
Mix all of the ingredients into your food processor, along with 1 Tablespoon of garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon or lime juice. I used my Ninja Master Prep food processor for this salsa. I LOVE this thing! It works so great at getting everything chopped the same consistency, and can be used for so many different things! Even great at chopping ice! (Okay, infomercial over now.)
With my food processor, I only had to do about 5 quick bursts of the button, and everything was blended and chopped evenly! Refrigerate for one hour before enjoying. That’s it! The salsa is done! Seriously, how easy was that?
With barely any preparation and minimal clean up, this simple salsa is complete and ready to enjoy!
Makes approx. 4 cups of salsa
- 1 can (28 ounces) organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 onion, chopped into large chunks
- 1 jalapeno, chopped into large chunks
- add more peppers if you like spicier salsa!
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in food processor.
- Quickly pulse the ingredients, about 3-5 times. Pulse more if you like a smoother salsa.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before enjoying.