Looking for a new meal prepping recipe that is clean eating friendly and delicious? Look no farther! These salads are full of veggies, protein, and super foods!
I guess it has been a while since I’ve posted anything new, and I’m sorry about that! Life has definitely been busy with school this semester! And because of this, my healthy eating has suffered. So this week I decided it was time to get back on track! By setting aside 20 minutes to make these 4 salads, I had lunches ready for the week and am able to resist the drive-through!
Obviously these salads are customizable! If you aren’t a fan of the veggies I chose, include your own! Or if you are trying to stay away from meat, just don’t add the chicken!
Add in your favorite dressing right before eating, and feel good about the meal choice you have made.
Sweet Pepper Chicken Salads
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins, approx 4 tenderloins
- 3 mini sweet peppers, I used 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 orange to add a pop of color!
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 pound lettuce of your choosing (I used shredded Romaine)
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon minced (dried) garlic
- 4 air tight containers
- Bake the chicken at 350 for approximately 20 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, dice onion and slice peppers into rings.
- Combine spinach and lettuce, evenly distribute between the 4 containers.
- Top with peppers, onions,garlic, and chia seeds, divided evenly between the 4 containers.
- Once chicken is fully cooked and cooled enough to touch, shred each piece of chicken. Top salads with chicken.
- When ready to enjoy, top with favorite dressing and/or salad toppings.