Looking for a quick and easy clean eating dinner? This hash only uses one pan, 5 ingredients, your choice of seasonings, and is on your table in under half an hour!
Life has been so crazy lately! Between me moving into Dan’s, starting a new career, and being busy with the holidays, I have severely slacked on cooking. Now that I am getting into more of a routine, I actually found myself WANTING to cook dinner tonight!
This hash was the perfect way to end a busy week night. It came together so fast, and was super easy clean up thanks to only needing one pan!By using chicken sausage (turkey would work too!), you are cutting out a lot of fat vs using traditional pork sausage!
I went with a sweet Italian with fire roasted red peppers chicken sausage. The flavor is amazing! Feel free to play around with any flavors you like!
Nothing is better than having some comfort food on a cold winter night that is also good for you!
Homemade Potato & Sausage Hash
- 1 package Simply Spuds Steamables Red Potatoes
- 1 package chicken (or turkey) sausage
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Any combination of seasonings you like! (I used one teaspoon garlic powder, chili powder, and crushed red pepper)
- Cook potatoes in microwave, according to package directions
- Meanwhile, chop onion and bell pepper into bite size pieces. Slice sausages into 1/4 inch slices.
- Mix onion, bell pepper, and sausage in skillet. Top with olive oil and seasonings, stir to coat.
- Cook, covered, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice cooked potatoes into bite size pieces.
- Stir potatoes into skillet, mix well. Cook covered, over medium heat, for an additional 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.