This one pan meal is so simple and delicious, it’s hard to believe it’s good for you!
One Pan Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place chicken in a large skillet, pouring 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over top. Season with garlic powder and crushed red pepper, mix well.
- Meanwhile, heat broccoli according to package instructions in the microwave, set aside.
- Once chicken is browned, about 4 minutes, push chicken to one side of pan. Pour 1 Tablespoon olive oil on empty side of pan, and pour in uncooked rice.
- Allow the rice to brown, stirring once, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth into rice and chicken, stir to mix. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low, covering pan, and cook for 12 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- If broth isn’t completely evaporated after the 12 minutes, remove cover and turn heat to high, heating for another 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat, stir in broccoli and cheese, mix well. Serve immediately.