This healthy clean eating dinner has amazing flavor, comes together in a flash, and makes for great leftovers! The best part? Nobody will believe it’s health food, it tastes that good!
Italian Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef (ground turkey would work great too!)
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian cheese, divided
- 4 sweet red bell peppers
- Cook beef and onion until no longer pink, drain fat.
- Meanwhile, cut the tops off red bell peppers, remove seeds and ribs.
- Once beef is fully cooked, stir in tomato sauce and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Mix rice into beef mixture, tossing to coat.
- Add spinach into beef and rice, stirring frequently. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Spoon mixture into bell peppers. Top with 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake peppers at 400 for 30-35 minutes.