This side dish is so simple and packs so much flavor, it is great for a busy week night! The best part? This recipe only has 229 calories per serving!
I found this recipe in one of my new favorite cookbooks. It is a Cooking Light cookbook from 1997 that Dan found for me. It contains so many quick and easy recipes that are also low on calories! Be prepared to see a lot of recipes from this cookbook in the future!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken flavored bouillon granules
- 1 cup instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 can no salt added french style green beans
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan, bring to boil. Stir in rice, cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and red pepper for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add in green beans, mixing, and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add rice into vegetables, mixing well. Top with Parmesan cheese.