What a crazy weekend this has been! I feel like I have been on the go nonstop, but I have been very productive! Dan and I managed to motivate and go to the gym both days this weekend which feels AMAZING! I also spent a few hours meal prepping today to help me not feel so busy during the week. It DEFINITELY helps when I want to hit the gym after work, but also want to have a home cooked meal.
A great idea for meal prep is making something in bulk that is healthy and easy to bring work. This Fiesta Chicken Salad is a great option when you’re trying to eat better and want to pack a lunch instead of spending money going out every day. This recipe will easily make enough to last one person a week!
Fiesta Chicken Salad
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 small can corn, drained
- 1 can low sodium organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Rotel (I used hot, but you can also use Original if you aren’t a big spicy fan), drained
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Mix chicken with vegetables and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix Greek Yogurt with Cajun seasoning until blended.
- Mix yogurt mixture into chicken, stirring well.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before enjoying.
Note: This chicken salad is great served on Romaine lettuce leaves, in pita bread, or on it’s own! For an extra crunch, try topping with crushed tortilla chips!