This soup tastes just like what you’ll get at Olive Garden, but is WAY better for you! Perfect for a cold winter night, this soup will warm you up and not leave you feeling guilty for indulging in a second bowl.
Copycat Healthy Zuppa Tuscana
- 1 lb ground turkey sausage
- 1/2 lb turkey bacon
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 lb cooked potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 bag (2 cups) frozen or fresh kale
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook sausage and bacon in large skillet. Crumble sausage, and once almost fully cooked, stir in onion and minced garlic.
- Meanwhile, in large soup pot, bring chicken broth and water to boil. Stir in potatoes.
- Once sausage and bacon are fully cooked and onion is opaque, stir meat mixture into boiling broth. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Stir milk and kale into soup. Continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve soup topped with shredded parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper, if desired.
21 day fix serving:
2 one cup bowls =