After realizing how fast this sauce comes together and how amazing it tastes, you’ll never buy sauce in a jar again!
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce with Ground Turkey
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/2 red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 4 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (I probably added two because I like my sauce a bit spicier)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 28 oz can organic crushed tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced (optional)
- 1 yellow squash, sliced (optional)
- Begin browning turkey, breaking apart. Stir in minced garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Continue cooking until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add in Italian seasoning, black pepper, paprika, red pepper, salt, crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- If adding squash, stir in as well.
- Mix well and cover. Allow to simmer for about ten minutes.
- Serve sauce over whole wheat spaghetti noodles.