Homemade macaroni and cheese with a Mexican flare! This cheat meal is made from scratch, uses fat free milk, and lean ground beef, so you won’t feel so guilty for grabbing that second serving!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 8 oz dry elbow noodles
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Brown ground beef in large skillet..
- Meanwhile, boil water and cook noodles.
- Once beef is almost cooked, stir in peppers and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, until onions are opaque.
- Stir in olive oil and seasonings. Stir well to combine.
- Sprinkle flour evenly over beef mixture, stir until well combined. Slowly add in milk, stirring constantly.
- Once milk has fully been incorporated, stir in cheese and mix until fully melted.
- Mix in noodles and stir well.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips and serve immediately.