Cilantro scallion rice. So tasty, healthy, and easy! Pairs perfectly with fish or chicken a healthy meal!
Cilantro Scallion Rice
– 1 jalapeno, sliced in half and seeds removed
– 1 Tablespoon olive oil
– 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
– 2 cups instant brown rice
– 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
– 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped and loosely packed
– 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
– salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pour oil into large pot. Add in jalapeno and minced garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Add rice into pot, stirring to coat with oil. Let toast for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Pour chicken broth into pan, cover and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes, or until liquid is fully absorbed.
4. Remove jalapeno from rice. If desired for an extra kick, chop into small pieces and add back to rice. Otherwise, dispose of pepper.
5. Add cilantro and green onions to rice. Stir well to combine.