This comfort food is big on flavor, but not on calories! By using thin chicken breasts, a small amount of ham, and thin sliced cheese, you get all the flavor you want without feeling guilty!
Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu
– 4 thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
– 1/2 cup and 1 teaspoon flour, divided
– 1 Tablespoon olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
– 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
– 1 Tablespoon fat free milk
– 1/2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 (2 oz) package ham
– 4 slices thin sliced provolone (you can go traditional and use Swiss, but the provolone is delicious!)
– 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
– 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
– salt and pepper
1. Season each side of chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
2. Lightly dredge chicken in 1/2 cup flour. Meanwhile, pour olive oil into large skillet.
3. Place chicken in oil, cooking 2 minutes each side, then remove from pan.
4. Meanwhile, mix chicken broth, remaining flour, mustard, milk, lemon juice, and garlic powder together.
5. Once chicken is removed from pan, pour chicken broth into pan. Stir well for about 2 minutes.
6. Place chicken back in pan. Evenly divide ham over top of chicken, top each with cheese. Cover pan and cook on low heat for 6 minutes.
7. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and red pepper (optional) over top and serve immediately with sauce spooned over top.