Packed with flavor and low on calories, this chicken tastes amazing and is cooked in under 20 minutes!
- 1 lb thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoons whiskey
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 2 jalapeno peppers, cut into large chunks
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup low sugar ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning (I used Flavor God, but any brand will do)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Boil water and whiskey for about 5 minutes.
- In a large food processor, combine whiskey, jalapenos, garlic, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, lime juice, and seasoning. Blend until smooth.
- Separate out 1 cup of marinade, and save for sauce to dip chicken in.
- Place chicken and remaining marinade in gallon ziploc bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 24.
- When ready to serve, heat 1 Tablespoon oil in large skillet to get pan hot.
- Meanwhile, pour flour onto large plate or shallow pan.
- Place chicken in flour, turn to fully coat.
- Carefully place each piece of chicken in hot pan, cooking about 3-5 minutes each side, flipping once.
- Serve with reserved sauce for dipping.