A quick and spicy side dish that is a perfect edition to your weeknight menu!
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon jerk seasoning (I used Jamaican Jerk from Flavor God)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lime juice concentrate
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- In a medium pot, bring chicken broth to boil.
- Meanwhile, in small skillet, heat oil and peppers, cooking about 3 minutes, or until skin begins to blister.
- Once broth is boiling, add on cooked peppers, rice, and Jerk seasoning. Return to boil, then reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat and fluff with fork. Stir in ketchup, lime juice, and parsley. Allow to sit for an additional 5 minutes. Stir again before serving.