For a super simple and delicious meal, I usually turn to chili. By cooking it in the crockpot, dinner is waiting for you after a long day, and you will feel great about providing a healthy meal for your family!
I made this chili by cooking the ground beef and chopping all the vegetables on Sunday. This allowed me to then throw it together in the crockpot in the morning without having to do a whole lot of work.
Dan and I LOVE spicy food, so this chili definitely packs a punch! Feel free to tone down the spices, use less hot peppers, or remove the pepper seeds if you don’t want it as spicy, because even though the peppers mellow out from cooking all day, this is still one spicy chili!
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 jalapeños, diced (I kept seeds in for extra heat, but remove if you’d like)
- 3 serrano peppers, diced (again, only leave the seeds in if you want extra heat)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can no salt added Rotel, undrained
- 2 (8 oz) cans no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- In a 6 quart crockpot, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Do not stir.
- When ready to serve, stir and spoon into bowls.
Optional: top with shredded cheese and sour cream or Greek yogurt