Four freezer bags, one large package of chicken, and fifteen minutes. That’s all it takes to assemble these super simple crockpot chicken meals!
With the beginning of a new year, I am making it a goal of mine to be a better me than I was before. Simple, and allows room for growth every single day. A part of being a better me includes getting back to eating well on a regular basis.
Freezer meals are perfect to have in the house for when life gets crazy. Everything is all prepped and just cooks in the crockpot all day long!
- One 5 pound package of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- One (15 oz) can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 packets reduced sodium Taco seasoning
- 2 small cans corn, drained
- 1 can reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 Tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 4 gallon sized freezer nags
- Divide chicken evenly among four chicken bags.
- Cut cilantro into four even bunches, divide among bags.
- In first two bags, divide chicken broth evenly and add two Tablespoons lime juice to each. Seal and freeze.
- In second bag, top each with half jar of salsa, one packet Taco seasoning, one can corn, and half can or beans. Seal and freeze
Cilantro Lime Chicken – cook frozen, in crockpot on low for 5-6 hours. Shred chicken and use for tacos, enchiladas, salads, or just serve over rice!
Sante Fe Chicken – cook frozen, in crockpot on low for 5-6 hours. Shred chicken, mix well with beans and corn, and serve over rice.
To make this into soup, simply stir in 4 oz Velveeta and let melt on high, about 30 minutes after shredding chicken .