A delicious low carb taco casserole that is big on flavor, not on calories!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can corn, no salt added
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped and loosely packed
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut spaghetti squash in half. Remove seeds and core. Place on lined pan, cut side up, and drizzle with oil. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Once spaghetti squash is cooked, allow to cool. Then, using a fork, shred insides of squash and put into greased 9×13 casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, cook meat until no longer pink. Add in taco seasoning, onion, corn, and tomatoes. Mix well.
- Pour meat mixture on top of spaghetti squash. Stir well to combine. Sprinkle cheese over top, and top with cilantro. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days, or cook immediately.
- Place casserole in oven for 30 minutes, covered with tin foil. Pull casserole out, remove tin foil, and bake an extra five minutes.