Only 6 ingredients are needed for these stuffed peppers, they can be prepared ahead of time, and will have your family begging for them again and again!
I’m all about any type of Taco themed dish, and these peppers have the ooey gooey cheesy spicy thing that I love!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 packet low sodium Taco seasoning
- 1 cup your favorite salsa (I used Pace Hot Picante)
- 4 oz Velveeta, cut into cubes
- 4 bell peppers, tops and ribs removed
- In a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink.
- Mix in Taco seasoning, salsa, and rice. Stir well to combine. Add in cheese, and cover. Allow to cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir beef mixture until cheese is fully melted.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly into peppers, standing them up in a round casserole dish so they do not tip.
- Bake peppers at 400° for one hour. Cut in half and garnish with toppings, if desired.
- If preparing and cooking at a later time, allow to cool before baking, cover, and place in fridge for up to 3 days. Pull out of fridge 30 minutes before putting in the oven.
- Sour cream
- Fresh onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh jalapeno